Monday, April 11, 2011

Rule #1: Don't eat sushi and then run.

Snail mail? What is it good for? If I didn't order weekly from Amazon...I would cancel my subscription. Can you do that with the USPS or do you fall off the map, literally?

And speaking of the 89.5% of worthless mail that I get, one little insistent pamphlet kept popping up every week. They served sushi and that means that eventually I had to cave in to this. When you crave sushi, you will go to great lengths to get sushi. Like drive 5 miles.

The funny thing about this landlocked state of Colorado is that we have GREAT sushi. I haven't been to a place that I don't like (I do avoid the places that look at little...ripe). But I will always tell people that they should never move here because I don't want it to become more crowded. ;)

Found the caterpillar...
Where is the Cheshire cat?
Okay, back to food. Dear Rice Bistro, thanks for existing. Here is the situation...I love this place, my new favorite sushi restaurant around this area. Let me tell you why: price, very good sushi, as well as fast and friendly sushi chefs. I wish I had gotten my favorite chef's name but next time I go back, we're getting a blog worthy photo together.

I ordered the california roll and the caterpillar roll, as well as the colorado roll (I think that was the name of it). I usually order 2-3 rolls for me when I'm famished...like haven't eaten in 10 hours or something. But, that would have been 24 very filling pieces here and my sushi chef knew to hold off on making the last roll. He asked me if I wanted it before he made it, and I definitely didn't! Also, the waiter was very efficient with my check and making sure that everything was 100%. When people think of sushi around here, they traditionally always hear about Sushi Sasa or Sushi Den. But, honestly, those places can take forever to be seated and served. I'm talking hours...and is the sushi really that amazing? They do have some rare items that are interesting to try, but I would reserve those places for a special event. Sometimes, I just need awesome sushi NOW. For that, I have my lovely new bistro around. The only advice I would give to this restaurant would be to cut down the non-sushi menu...sushi is where you shine and the other menu was about 8 pages of overwhelming.

Also, if you happen to love spicy and/or Sriracha sauce like I do...they definitely have some speciality rolls for you. I'm hitting that vibe up on the next round of sushi madness.

Addendum: You need to ask for the sushi chef named Pin. He is the man. The other people are good, but he is THE best at this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment