Monday, April 11, 2011

Did someone say burrito?

Holy cow! No, seriously...I think I moo-ed after eating this:
Wowza. Burrito Supreme.
      I have to say that I really enjoyed my experience at Sam's No. 3 in A-town. You can't throw up your hands and beg for mercy in here unless you want them doused in Kickin' pork green chile. 2 eggs, gyro, ham, sausage, bacon, homefries, and one heart attack later...I was thoroughly pleased with this Sunday brunch. I would have liked my homefries to be cooked just a little more, but the burrito was all I could ask for and more. It's the only thing I ate all day!
     Side note: it was BUSY in here and I was lucky to get a seat at the counter, but if you're with a group and it's a prime eating time, expect a 1 hour wait. I don't lie about the wait time to food nirvana. (This place has been on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives for the Kitchen Sink Burrito, built for all people willing to take the challenge.)
     Truth moment: I'm not a huge fan of this green chile thing that Colorado has going on. I had never had it until I came here...and it's the only kind of chile around here. If I made an analogy, it would be like the necessity for butter in the south. I think that Sam's has very good green chile, but sometimes...I just get too much of it. I think I would prefer it on the side.
     The waitress I had was a machine. Everyone that works in there is because there are about 15 customers to every member of the wait staff. If you want to watch an oiled machine work without paying the outrageous gasoline prices, come to this joint. My waitress made sure that I was never lacking coffee. I had so much caffeine that I ran over to Colorado Ski and Golf (another favorite of mine and about 3 skips from Sam's) and saved one minute of my life. It's still a mystery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment